Hamble Parish Council
Home Energy Help & Advice
This page covers:
- Priority Service Registration - Electricity
- Priority Service Registration - Gas
- Help and Advice for Pre-Payment Meter Customers
Electricity - Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) - https://www.ssen.co.uk/PriorityServices/
We can’t promise your electricity will never go off, but if it does, we will do what we can to make sure you have the support you need, when you need it.
Our service offers:
- Dedicated 24 hour priority services phone number.
- Priority updates during a power cut.
- Nominate someone for us to contact on your behalf.
- Provide information in the format you need, for example Braille or audio CD.
- Security password to keep you safe.
You may want to be on our register if you:
- Are deaf or hard of hearing
- Have a disability
- Live with children under five
- Are blind or partially sighted
- Have a chronic illness
- Use medical equipment/aids reliant on electricity
- Are over 60
You cab register for SSEN's free Priority Services by:
- Calling on 0800 294 3259 and register over the phone.
- Clicking here and fill out their easy online form.
- For those not online, you can download a form for them to fill out and post:(PDF) https://www.ssen.co.uk/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=16121
Gas - Southern Gas Network - https://www.sgn.co.uk/extra-help
We’re dedicated to keeping our customers safe and warm. We can offer extra help, free of charge, to people who need priority support either temporarily or long term.
Our services are designed to support people who are over 65, have children under five or are pregnant, have long-term physical or mental health conditions, have a disability or have additional language or communication needs. We could still support you if your circumstances aren’t listed above, so please contact us to find out how we could help.
The Priority Services Register (PSR) helps us identify customers who need priority support in a gas emergency. It also lets energy companies like us, including your gas and electricity suppliers, tailor our day-to-day services to your individual needs to make sure we’re helping you stay safe, warm and well-informed all year round.
If you’re not registered on your supplier’s PSR, we can help you join for free or you can contact your gas and electricity suppliers directly.
Please call our Careline on 0800 975 1818 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can't leave home to top up at your usual shop, Ofgem suggests you arrange for a trusted person to take your card and do it for you (try to have minimal contact with them), and leave your meter box unlocked if it's outside your home. And if you can afford it, and you're not self-isolating already, energy firms are encouraging people to try to top up a little more than usual each time to build up some credit.
If you've a smart meter, things are much easier. Most suppliers have an app to which you can link your account to in order to top up. If your supplier doesn't have an app, you can still top up online or over the phone – your credit will be sent automatically to your meter.
What will energy suppliers do to help prepay customers if I can't do either of the above?
Each energy provider is taking different steps to help their customers, including some who are posting pre-paid top up cards. The best advice is to contact your energy provider directly if you need support, so they can give you the most appropriate advice.